Tuesday, November 9, 2010

AND THE MAGIC WORD IS...

Every day I will place a Word of the Day ("WOD") somewhere either in plain sight here in the blog or in our unit website.  If I place it in the unit website, I will provide a cue so you can find it.  The first person to report the WOD to me gets a prize (a small prize), but everyone else must also know it.  Why am I doing this?  First, the words I select are often found in the SAT exam, if you want to go to college you should know them.  Second, I want you all to get in the habit of checking the blog and website for the most recent news and this is my way of capturing your attention.  Today's WOD is hypocritical, an adjective meaning pretending to be virtuous; deceiving.  Example:  Believing Fedorka to interested only in his own advancement, Scroggins resented his hypocritical posing as a friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment