Monday, March 28, 2011

SAVE MIDDLETOWN NJROTC

I now have an input from the Navy showing that they reimburse $88,000 per year, a much higher amount than the $66,000 that the District has claimed.  On the cost side of the equation, I have been unable to substantiate the District's claim that they spend $249,000 per year.  While I don't have their figures, I think a more accurate figure would be about $225,000 per year.  $225,000 minus the $88,000 reimbursement means that the annual cost is much closer to $137,000--in other words, about the cost of a new dump truck.

I will be sending this data on to the school board. 

Stand by for word on the next board meeting.  In the meantime, please keep the pressure up.  We have over 300 signatures on our petition and Cadet Ferguson had his letter to the editor published on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment